Sunday, February 14, 2010
Ok, now how stinking cute are these!!!! They are seriously making me want another baby! Gdiapers just came out w/ these. They are calling them tiny gPants and they fit newborns from 6-10 lbs and have a snap down front so that the umbillical cord isn't irritated. Right now they only come in the starter pack, which is actually an awesome deal, you get everything listed above for $149.99. From what I've read it's best to use the gRefills in the tiny g's to start then once you move into the small gPants you can use the gcloth, unless you don't mind major staining on your gCloth from newborn poo, if you know what I mean. On a different note we just ordered some gCloths and are eagerly awaiting their arrival :). I'll post a review once we've given them a test run. In the mean time I do have a code for $10 off at diapers.com plus free 2-day shipping on orders over $49 for new customers, it's PRNZ9830 . We ordered some of our gCloth from them.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
I've been dying to have a pot rack for years now. I finally convinced my husband what a great idea it was after he saw how great the peg rack that I had him make me looked. So, off to Home Depot we went. We bought a 6 foot piece of pine for under $6.00 and we bought a package of 1 1/2" cup hooks.
To start Lay your wood on a surface to paint or stain it and get to work. It took about 20 minutes or so for the paint to dry.
Here it is all painted. I like to put a thin layer of paint on so that the wood grain still shows thru so it's more like a very dark stain.
Well, the website is finally starting to come together! Whew, I think I may have found a design I can live with. It's been a long time coming. I've been working on it over 6 months! I didn't want to launch it until it was perfect. And, having had no knowledge of how build a web page from the ground up it's taken a lot of research to get it to this point. Luckily, like every other great idea that I have, LOL, I had an epiphony in my sleep and had to put it to action the second I woke up. Hope you like the design. I'll be updating it over the next few weeks and hope to have a full launch very soon.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
I finally decided to take the splurge and get this yummy yarn that I saw at Michael's a while back and have been eyeing everytime I went in the store. It was finally on sale so that pushed me over the edge.
Now, that I had the yarn I had to figure out what to do with it. I decided on a purse. But, I didn't want to spend more money on fabric for lining and magnetic buttons and a handle. So, I pondered on it a bit and remembered that I had some old purses up in the top of one of our closets that someone gave me. So, I dragged them out and low and behold...... magnetic buttons and a handle that would be perfect for my purse. So here's how I did it.
First, I headed over to Raverly to get some ideas. I found a pattern that I liked and tweaked it a bit so it'd be a little more to my liking. Then, of course crocheted the outer portion of the purse. A few hours later, I was ready for the lining. I had an old shirt that I just couldn't get rid of even though it was too small because I loved the fabric, and coincidentally it happended to be a perfect match for my yarn, Jackpot! So, I layed the purse outer on the shirt and traced around the outside. Then cut leaving a half inch seam allowance on the sides and an inch or so on the top. Next, with like sides together, I sewed up the sides. You end up with something that looks like this.
Don't forget to sew any snaps or pockets onto the lining before you attatch the lining to the purse outer.
Next step, is to sew the lining in. I went just under the top row of single crochets. Being sure to leave the right sides facing in.